Q. Does the library have my textbook?
Does the library have my textbook?
If the library has your textbook, it's most likely available on Course Reserves. The library keeps this collection of textbooks and other required books at the Circulation desk on the first floor of the Library Addition (Dome) and loans them for a limited time. The library does this to give access to these books to as many students as possible.
You can check if the library has the books you need on Course Reserve here: https://reserves.calstate.edu/sandiego/
To see if there are books or materials in Course Reserves for your course:
- Click on Find in the top navigation bar on the library website
- Select Course Reserves
- Enter either your course code or your instructor's last name in the search box
- Look for your instructor or course section and click on the link
- Check the availability and make note of how long you can check the item out
- Head to the Circulation Desk on the first floor of the Library Addition just below the dome and check out the book
- Return it to Circulation when it is due so others can use it.
For more information about Course Reserves, see: https://library.sdsu.edu/find/course-reserves/about-course-reserves