Q. I'm locked out of my SDSUid/Office 365 account. How do I get back in?
I'm locked out at portal.office.com. How do I get back in?
If you have locked yourself out of your Microsoft Office 365 account, reset your SDSUid password using the recovery options you set when you activated your SDSUid and Microsoft Office 365 account. Use the "Can’t access your account?" link found below the "Sign in" button on the SDSUid/Office 365 login page which is https://portal.office.com. You must be signed out of your Office 365 account for this option to appear.
If you are unable to use your recovery options, please go to https://getid.sdsu.edu and follow the instructions to reset your SDSUid password using your WebPortal credentials.
Once you have a valid password, you can unlock your Office 365 account by doing the following:
- Go to portal.office.com
- Type in your SDSUid and then click the option “Can’t access your account?”
- Complete the captcha phrase and click next
- Important! choose the second option “I know my password, but still can't sign in“ (You will notice that the verbiage changes to “This might happen because you tried signing in with an incorrect password too many times. If you choose this option, you'll keep your existing password and we'll unlock your account so you can sign in again.”) and click Next
- Choose and follow the desired recovery options then click “click here“
- Enter your password and you will be able to sign in.
Make sure you clear your browser's cache or use private browsing mode. Remember to reset your recovery option so you can get back into your Office 365 account in the future. Follow the directions on the Manage My SDSUid page.